Apr 11, 2015

Paa Annandalii - Altars [2015]

















This massive release is actually 2 separate albums. I would be very surprised to find a better drone release than this for 2015.
Altars I is reminiscent of the Mohave Triangles sound. I instantly thought of Sky Limousine and Josh Burke as well. It is psych-drone done well. Very well.
Altars II begins in silence and builds like a Steve Roach piece. A slow build to some very warm swells, then before you become aware of it, it's gotten dark. The ending is loud and noisy and massive.

I really don't think I could talk up this album enough.
25 copy limited edition
c95
CPL002
try / buy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry for writing here, but could you upload somewhere Sticks, Stones & Breaking Bones by Will Guthrie?

s said...

updated.

http://icucucme.blogspot.com/2013/06/will-guthrie-sticks-stones-and-breaking_7.html